Sunday, October 6, 2013

I guess I'm not much of a blogger, adding posts once a year. This community has grown significantly, with three kids under the age of 2; two of them were born here - home deliveries at Cantine's Island. The third belongs to renters of Sara's house, #1.
We now have two families renting, a situation that is not generally approved of at Cantines Island; we prefer owners. However, Thomas has been unable to find a buyer for his house, #8, and so he is renting it. Rudi and Ana don't feel the house is worth what Thomas is asking, and they would have trouble meeting his price in any event. Several possible buyers have looked at it, but no takers yet. House #1's owner, Sara Stern, recently married, and she is hopeful that she and her husband may move back to Cantine's Island - though they are living in his lovely and historic house and he doesn't seem all that inclined to move.
Time flies; Irene Foster and Fiona McGregor started middle school this year; Tony is moving up through the grades and Sophia is in high school. As I look through the photos in our archives, they were just toddlers when we moved in.
We celebrate holidays, adjust to changes and are planning major development of our common property. There should be a lot to write, but will I be writing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment